Image via Riot Games
Riot Games is making a lot of important changes in the latest Valorant Patch 6.02. Firstly, Riot Games have finally addressed the issue with a high ping that allows them to record captures even after going behind covers by the maximum server rewind time from 200 ms to 140 ms. The other notable highlight in the patch notes is the shift of the vital Voice evaluation feature used to scan toxic voice chat into a beta phase.
All gameplay changes and fixes in Valorant patch 6.02
While there are several changes in the upcoming Valorant patch 6.02, we’ve highlighted some of the major ones in the list below.
Related: How to Check the Valorant Pro City Leaderboards
- As mentioned earlier, the highlight of the patch update is the adjustment of the maximum server rewind from 200ms to 140ms. By doing this, low ping players can feel much safer and avoid getting shot after reaching cover from high ping players, as they will now have to deal with a shot inaccuracy.
- Frenzy and Bulldog won’t be much quieter while reloading in the third-person view.
- Fixed an issue with the voice chat usually being removed by bugs after disconnecting from the internet.
All agent bug fixes in Valorant patch 6.02
- Yoru Fakeout no longer hangs in the air when activated.
- Raze Boom Bot has improved path-finding abilities and will no longer get stuck in a wall and make unnecessary noises.
- KAY/O accurately shows the number and images of enemies hit by his Zero/Point.
- Cypher Natural Theft only reveals enemies’ positions once and is interrupted if Cypher is killed post-deployment.
All map bug fixes in Valorant patch 6.02
- Players will not make a sound of footsteps as they jump from the Lotus B platform onto the fountain.
- All door volumes in the Lotus have been reduced during rotation.
- Players spawn on the wrong side of Barrier C for longer after the end of the round.
- Users will no longer see the Paul Delmann badge after the end of the buy phase.
Related: How to Install Valorant Skin Changer
Voice Evaluation feature to enter beta with patch 6.02
As mentioned earlier, the other major highlight of the patch is moving the Voice Evaluation feature into beta. Riot Games launched the feature last June 2022 as a background feature to train their language models. A year later, that feature continues to be enhanced to help the developers collect data and identify inappropriate behavior from players using all trained data, which plays a critical role in reducing overall toxicity in the Valorant community. As of now, the Voice Evaluation Beta is only available in North America, with plans to expand further.
For more information about Valorant, check out, How to get the Kitty/Cat reticle in Valorant or How to get the Jesus/Holycross Crosshair in Valorant on Pro game guides.