Opinions expressed by todaybusinessupdates.com contributors are their own.
You’ve done a lot to build your brand as a financial advisor. Your business is featured prominently on bus benches, billboards and even at local minor league sports games – but now you could be missing out on the bigger opportunity.
On the Internet, people don’t just find the name of the actor on the tip of their tongue or the weather report; the internet has become the one stop shop for everything.
With unlimited information at your fingertips, the world has gone digital and is not going back. If you don’t take advantage of digital marketing options, chances are your marketing strategy could use an overhaul. The internet is a treasure trove of new customers waiting to be discovered, and this is why you should take advantage of it.
Related: 7 things you need to know about digital marketing
Brand compliance and digital marketing can coexist
Virtually every business sector has used the Internet to attract new customers. However, the financial services industry, especially financial advisors, has been slow to get on the bandwagon. The reason is simple. As a financial advisor, you have a fiduciary responsibility to your clients that is heavily regulated. Both brand and regulatory compliance are important, and you’re not willing to risk compliance issues to get your brand online.
Well, what if you didn’t have to?
When you partner with a strong marketing vendor that can provide the digital marketing strategy and automation needed to reach your prospects, your chances of actually converting those prospects into customers skyrockets. First, it’s important to understand why a solid online presence is essential for your business.
Why you should embrace this new era of opportunity
Even if you don’t feel like you’re embracing digital marketing opportunities, chances are you’re already online. Today, customers share their experiences on social media and review websites, which have become crucial to building customer trust with new audiences.
Taking advantage of the ability to use online tools gives you more control over your brand’s identity online and the opportunity to tap into a huge audience that you may not have even known existed.
That’s why more than half of companies in the United States use some form of marketing automation.
Related: The Top 5 Benefits of Marketing Automation
Get to know your options
Online advertising can be done in different ways. Some of the most popular online financial services advertising options include:
- Social media: Social media is a hotbed for online activities. To put the power of social media into perspective, Facebook has more than 2.9 billion active users. That means that almost a third of the world’s population uses it.
- Searchmachine optimalisation: Google started as a brand name but has become a verb. If you don’t know something, you “Google” it. What happens when a customer near you googles “Financial advisor near me?” Are you on the list? Search engine optimization (SEO) can help.
- Local listings: Online local listing websites are free to use and have a huge audience. You can use these local listing websites to expand your clientele.
- Paid search: You can also take advantage of pay-per-click advertising. This allows you to appear at the top of search results and only pay a small fee when someone clicks on your link.
- Display advertising campaigns: Banner ads on websites can expose your brand to thousands of potential customers at a minimal cost. CPM, or cost-per-mil (cost-per-thousand views), ad campaigns usually allow you to place banners on popular websites for between $10 and $20 per thousand views.
- Online videos: You will be amazed at the response you get when you make YouTube videos. A few short videos that tell people things they may not know about finance and the financial industry can lure customers in.
- Email advertising: Stay in touch with previous clients to ensure they come back when they need services next time.
Marketing automation is your greatest ally
Of course there are several moving parts to a solid online marketing plan, but technology has created incredibly efficient solutions for that too. Marketing automation is a hot ticket and growing in popularity. You can automate everything from paid search, organic and social posting to display campaigns. With the help of a solid digital marketing strategy and marketing automation, you can focus on what you do best: providing financial advice to your clients.